Many years ago I was amazed of SumSynth idea by Lazyfish. It was outstanding because Lazyfish found a way to construct fully operational spectral synthesizer whereas Reaktor had no actual multi-sine modules. Nowadays Reaktor has Sinebank module and it's a quite revolution for the software. Having hundreds and hundred of sine waves mixed together you can get almost any sound possible! And now Razor synth introduced by NI and Errorsmith is really new breathe take in additive synthesis!
Archive for the 'Software' Category
Really great idea with beautiful realization. There is a lot of additional online soft like games and even Microkorg XL patch editor! Nice!
A couple of weeks ago NI announced Reaktor 5.6 update. It must to be said that is quite small update (5.5.1 to 5.6) for these years of waiting and hoping for 6.0. It seems NI left very few resources working on Reaktor software and put their best men to DJ and VSTi synthesis software divisions. The list of updated features is also pretty modest:
New and improved features:
- 64bit support under Windows and Mac OS X
- New "search box" feature for quick module/macro insertion
- Breadcrumb navigation for structures
- Mouse scrolling via modifier key in structure view
- Drag&Drop copy in structure view
- Transparency and frame hiding for XY module
- Time display added to recorder
And by the way, announced doesn't mean already available for download 🙂
About 4500 ones!
All this huge collection by Advanture Kid you can get for free at their site. Also there are some extra free stuff like Reverb Impulses and etc.
That's right NI Reaktor's stepbrother Sync Modular is now free. I've overlooked the news, it became free quite a time ago, but never the less I support that kind of steps. I remember I asked NI to make Reaktor 2.3 free ages ago. Now it feels like they should make free Reaktor 5 🙂
SunVox is a small, fast and powerful music sequencer with modular synthesizers. It is a tool for those people who want to compose music anywhere. SunVox available for desktop PC (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X), pocket computers (Windows Mobile, PalmOS, iPhone) and netbooks.
VirtualANS (ANS – the abbreviation for "Alexandr Nicolaevitch Skryabin", the great Russian composer) is the software analogue of the first Russian synthesizer in which the unique optical method of synthesis, developed by a scientist E. Mursin in the years 1937-1957, is used.
VirtualANS is a tool for creating unique fantastic sounds. You can convert JPG-images to the sound and and vice versa. There are different tools for visual transformations, three methods of synthesis during convertation (FFT and ADDITIVE) and possibility generate multichannel sounds (mono, stereo, 6 channels).
And the coolest thing about that we’ve got a couple of new plugs and one of them is absolutely rocks:
- Realtime user-editable effect processor
- 64-bit internal audio processing, MIDI support, full PDC support, multichannel I/O support, graphics display support.
- Hundreds of included effects, including: delays, compressors, limiters, convolution, distortion, spectral noise editors, analyzers, loop samplers, creative effects.
- Create new effects from scratch, or modify existing effects to meet your needs
- JS editor and debugger included, opens automatically when you edit a plug-in