I have to admit it takes more time to build an ensemble that would dumbfound you. But it almost done. I’m about to start write text and make visuals. Also I’m going to contact a couple of persons before publish the post, because I need to confirm that my *5% CPU-1200Mhz load* is going to separate the world of synthesis to before and after. That’s funny to be excited about it. The funny thing is that even at worst case I think you’ll be surprised.
Anyway, I think one more post with a couple of tips won’t be superfluous for Reaktor newbies at least. There we go…
One of the oldest thing I use is Pitch2Factor converter. Sometimes it’s useful to have note-pitch as a scaling factor.
For example, you’ve selected c-3 (60) as *centre note* as you need to have it as x1 factor, so, you connect your dynamic (midi output for example) pitch (“72” constant at the pic) to the macro and you get notes as a frequency scaling factor (at the pic +1 octave, i.e x2). The macro is simple, but quite useful in some experimental pitched delays and feedbacks.
Next one is a small tip about CPU usage optimization in Reaktor. Let’s make it short: avoid of “Audio to Event” converters:
It seems Reaktor use quite heavy timing interpolation which eat CPU up to 10% on my machine. To avoid the converter usage I put system display clock and one of the fantastic built-in modules – Value 🙂 I wasn’t bothered with the custom frequency for the event timing, 25 hz (which “system info” module produce) perfectly fit my ensemble. The reason I used the system info module is that I was trying to avoid these heavy timing interpolations.